JOB DESCRIPTION: Gallery Assistant
Days of Work: Friday and Saturdays
Hours of Work: 12 noon to 5:00 pm
Rate of Pay: $14.50 per hour
Reports to: CRAG Operations Manager
Profile of Campbell River Art Gallery
CRAG is a public gallery with a mandate to stimulate thought, understanding, curiosity, involvement and discussion of contemporary visual art in all forms. We achieve this through exhibitions, artist talks, workshops and special events. Annually, we have five exhibitions in the Main Gallery and our Satellite Gallery and more than 30 classes and workshops in our studio. Check out www.crartgallery.ca for more details.
Covering the Friday and Saturday shift in our shop, the CRAG Gallery Assistant is responsible to provide administrative and marketing support in the CRAG Gift Shop and act as a guide in the gallery. Key areas of work will include running the Gift Shop, marketing and communications maintenance on digital platforms (FB, Instagram, Twitter, Mailchimp) in support of the Gift Shop.
- Open and close the CRAG Gift Shop following guidelines and procedures;
- Monitoring the Gift Shop and Gallery during public hours;
- Scheduling and coordinating the work of Gift Shop volunteers;
- Providing public reception;
- Assisting the Operations Manager with recruiting, training, motivating and recognizing the achievements of volunteer staff;
- Welcoming visitors and introducing visitors to the main themes of the Gallery exhibitions;
- Providing information about current and upcoming Gallery and programs;
- Maintain the CRAG’s membership, donor and sponsor databases, as well as donor / sponsor acknowledgements, correspondence;
- Providing marketing support for the CRAG;
- Supporting all other tasks required for the smooth and efficient running of the Gift Shop;
- Assisting with the coordination the Artisan Market, including working with volunteers and staff on timelines and work plans, as well as marketing and display strategies;
- Liaising with artists for the Artisan Market.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience Preferred
- Minimum of 1-2 years recent related experience, including coordinating office activities, providing front-line service;
- Completion of post-secondary education in a related discipline (e.g. business/arts administration);
- Experience with social media, web, and email;
- Good knowledge of computer programs, with proficiency in MS Word and Excel;
- Excellent written and verbal communication;
- Great attention to detail and accuracy;
- Motivated, organized and responsible;
- Capable of multi-tasking and effective time management skills;
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team (staff, volunteers)
- Prior retail experience would be an asset;
- Some office experience would be an asset;
- Must undergo successful criminal record check.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your CV and a brief letter of interest to:
Vicky Chainey Gagnon,
Executive Director & Chief Curator
Campbell River Art Gallery
1235 Shoppers Row, Campbell River, BC, V9W 2C7
or email email@example.com by 5:00 pm on December 23, 2020
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications received will be screened based on information provided. Please ensure you include all relevant details about your qualifications for this position.