JOB POSTING: GALLERY ASSISTANT //
Deadline February 25, 2018
CRAG is a public gallery with a mandate to stimulate thought, understanding, curiosity, involvement and discussion of contemporary visual art in all forms. We achieve this through exhibitions, artist talks, workshops and special events. Annually, we have seven exhibitions in the Main Gallery and our Satellite Cases and more than 30 classes and workshops in our studio.
CRAG is seeking a Gallery Assistant to cover the Saturday shift at the Gallery (12 noon to 5 pm). The Gallery Assistant is responsible to provide administrative and marketing support in the organization of the Gallery’s day-to-day operations, activities and events. Responsibilities will include working in the Gift Shop, marketing and communications maintenance on digital platforms (FB, Instagram, Twitter, Mailchimp) and assisting with Gallery installations, as needed.
- Open and close the Gallery following guidelines and procedures;
- Monitor the gallery during public hours;
- Work in the Gift Shop;
- Provide public reception;
- Welcome visitors and provides information about current and upcoming programs Schedules and supervises volunteers;
- Basic website maintenance on WordPress;
- Marketing exhibitions and special events the Gallery on FB, Instagram, twitter;
- Sending out press releases using Mailchimp;
- Assisting with exhibition installation, as needed;
- Support all other tasks required for the smooth and efficient running of programs and events.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience Preferred
- Minimum of 1-2 years recent related experience, including coordinating office activities, providing front-line service;
- Completion of post-secondary education in a related discipline (e.g. business/arts administration);
- Experience with social media, web, and email;
- Good knowledge of computer programs, with proficiency in MS Word and Excel;
- Excellent written and verbal communication;
- Great attention to detail and accuracy;
- Motivated, organized and responsible;
- Capable of multi-tasking and effective time management skills;
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team (staff, volunteers);
- Prior retail experience would be an asset;
- Some office experience would be an asset;
- Must undergo successful criminal record check.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume describing your work experience, training and suitability for this job in the arts before February 17, 2018 to: director(at)crartgallery.ca