PROGRAMMING/CURATORIAL ASSISTANT (Young Canada Works)
We are hiring two students for the position of Programming/Curatorial Assistant for 10 week placements to be completed between May 1 and August 31.
The positions will play an integral role in expanding our educational programming and outreach into the community. The roles will be vital in creating more activities for children, students, and adults to encourage and foster more art being made in our community surrounding our various exhibitions, and that our programming is delivered in exciting, accessible ways.
Working alongside the Executive Director, Curator of Contemporary Art, and the Outreach Coordinator the students will assist with the following objectives:
– Support the Gallery in exploring new platforms for the delivery of group programs
– Participate in planning and executing educational programming for children, teenagers and adults that compliment the exhibitions held at the gallery
– Help promote Gallery programming in the communities we serve
– Assist in the technical aspects of online programming to ensure a seamless experience for all users
This position will provide career-relevant training and experience for young professionals entering the labour market, particularly within the cultural sector and not-for-profit organizations working with remote and rural communities. The position provides an opportunity for students to put into practice concepts and ideas introduced in their program of study. They will have the opportunity to be creative, problem solve, and work on measurable projects with tangible results. This will transform abstract solutions into real world applications, providing the intern with concrete experience to transition further into the workforce.
With much of our economy moving online as the world continues to adapt, developing solid skills in digital communications, online platforms, and virtual programming will prove an immeasurable asset to any student, as will experience with delivering in-person educational experiences.
As organizations move to decolonize their frameworks and engage in anti-racism work, this intern will gain first hand experience in cultural safety, creating safe online spaces for BIPOC community members, and communicating with rural, Indigenous communities in culturally sensitive and impactful ways.
These are Young Canada Works (YCW) Summer Student positions. You are eligible to apply if you:
– are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, or have refugee status in Canada (non-Canadians holding temporary work visas or awaiting permanent status are not eligible);
– are legally entitled to work in Canada;
– are between 16 and 30 years of age at the start of employment;
– are willing to commit to the full duration of the work assignment;
– will not have another full-time job (over 30 hours a week) while employed with the program;
– are unemployed or underemployed;
– have been a full-time student in the semester preceding the YCW job;
– are not receiving Employment Insurance (EI) benefits while employed with the program; and
– intend to return to full-time studies in the semester following the YCW job.
All interested and qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. CRAG champions and empowers people of all abilities, and fosters an environment of inclusivity and collaboration.
SALARY AND HOURS
This full-time, 35 hours per week, 10 consecutive week position can be completed anytime between May 1 and August 31. Hourly rate of pay is $17/hr. Applicants with disabilities may request a reduced schedule.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your CV or resume, acknowledgement of eligibility criteria, and a brief letter of interest summarizing:
1) Your related qualifications
2) If you meet any of the priority criteria (optional)
Sara Lopez Assu, Executive Director
Campbell River Art Gallery
1235 Shoppers Row, Campbell River, BC, V9W 2C7
by 11:59 p.m. on April 28, 2022.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications received will be screened based on information provided. Please ensure you include all relevant details about your qualifications for this position.